Are you interested in working to end HIV in Sonoma County, and making a difference for people who are living with HIV/ AIDS? Do you want to work with a remarkable team of talented people who are changing the world for the better? Face to Face might be the right place for you. Below is a list of current available positions:
Bilingual (Spanish) Case Manager
Face to Face (Santa Rosa)
Bilingual (Spanish) Case Manager
The mission of Face to Face is ending HIV while supporting the health and well-being of people living with HIV. Face to Face provides assistance with housing, benefits, and other supportive services for people living with HIV.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES
The Bilingual (Spanish) Case Manager provides information and referral of HIV services and resources, conducts intake interviews, and provides crisis intervention.
This position provides case management service in both English and Spanish, and will sometimes be asked to assist other members of the team in Spanish interpretation. The Bilingual Case Manager is an integral part of the Care Services team, with the ability to not only collaboratively share and support other team members, but also able to independently complete the necessary services that are required of this position. This is a 32 hour per week (hourly) position, reporting to the Care Services Director.
- Conduct comprehensive intakes and evaluations on prospective clients.
- Provide case management including: development and implementation of care plan/housing plans with a focus on helping clients to learn the skills needed to achieve their goals. Provide HOPWA case management to clients on HOPWA programs.
- Provide information and referrals to local resources. Provide coordination for and follow up on referrals as needed.
- Provide short-term crisis intervention and counseling.
- Document all client contacts.
- Work closely with the Face to Face care team and community partners.
- Participate in Team Meetings, and other meetings as directed.
- Work collaboratively to provide quality services and to support each team member.
- Conduct HIV and HCV testing and counseling in accordance with state regulations.
- Conduct syringe exchange services.
- Other tasks as necessary and/or assigned.
- Strong oral and written communication skills fluently in both English and Spanish. Case management experience within a social service setting. Superior interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity.
- Ability to work under pressure and to maintain schedules.
- Ability to assist individuals in planning for both their immediate and future needs.
- Ability to take general directions and carry out specific tasks necessary to complete responsibilities and clinical charting.
- Valid California driver’s license and vehicle insurance.
- Strong history of maintaining healthy boundaries and positive work engagement.
- Ability to commit to maintaining employment here for 4 or more years.
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology as it pertains to HIV disease.
- Keyboarding skills
Bachelor’s degree in social work, psychology or related field. Any combination of training and experience that would provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities is qualifying.
Extensive client contact, both in person and on the phone. Contact with other agencies and government workers. Will represent the agency to other programs and organizations.
Extensive. Must be able to maintain confidential information.
AMOUNT OF TRAVEL
Some local travel.
General office setting and various off-site locations including private homes with unknown accessibility, community centers, clinics, hospitals, and correctional facilities. Office located on the second floor and is not wheelchair accessible.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF JOB
Must be able to negotiate stairs and irregular flooring of office environment. Must be able to drive to off-site locations and negotiate private home environments of unknown accessibility. Visual, hearing, and vocal skills are required. The ability to communicate and understand others is highly important in this position. Work includes both sedentary portions and work in the field. Must be able to work at a desk or computer workstation for periods of time as well as sit through many meetings. Must be able to lift and move paperwork and files, up to 10 pounds.
Must be able to perform the physical demands of the job. Basic office and equipment safety knowledge and practice. Must follow legal and safe driving procedures while driving during work. Must be knowledgeable of Universal Precautions and always use them during work situations.
10 paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave accruals. Employees who work at least 30 hours per week are eligible for a dental plan and choice of health care plans (some paid 100% by agency, some less).
Please submit cover letter and resume to:
Care Services Director – Heather Myler
email@example.com | (707) 544-1581 x114
873 Second St. Santa Rosa, CA 95404