GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: This is a part-time, hourly position, minimum of 16 hours per week, and will work in close cooperation with the Director of Development and frequently with the Executive Director. The position is responsible for assisting the Director of Development with the coordination of all aspects of agency fundraising events, maintenance of the donor database, and management of other fundraising efforts including a monthly giving program, direct mail campaigns, website and social media maintenance and marketing. Some functions of event production will be volunteer management and acquisition of in-kind donations, tracking of ticket sales, donations and sponsorship.
This individual needs to be an excellent communicator who is dynamic, organized, patient, creative, and a team player with excellent attention to detail. S/he must be able to multi-task, be objective and open minded, motivated and flexible, and function gracefully under pressure. This position requires someone who is culturally sensitive and welcoming, and who has impeccable professional ethics and appropriate boundary-setting skills. Time flexibility is required due to meetings and events on evenings and weekends.
We expect our staff to behave in a non-judgmental way with those demonstrating different viewpoints, lifestyles, and socio-economic status from one’s own. Face to Face works to prevent the spread of HIV in many ways, including sex positive programming. Frank sex talk and images, as appropriate, are part of our work and work environment. Applicants should be comfortable in such an environment.
Assist Director of Development with coordination of all aspects of special events, including;
- solicitation and tracking of sponsorships and financial contributions
- venue and contract management
- coordination of permitting and equipment
- design, printing and distribution of promotional materials
- advertising, social media and public relations
- solicitation and tracking of food and beverage donations
- event logistics
- volunteer management in conjunction with Director of Development
- wrap-up, assessment and recommendations for improvement of future events
- Assist with maintenance of fundraising database
- Other fundraising efforts including a community events and direct mail campaigns
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Non-profit or small business office administration, fundraising and/or special event experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office (including Access) with advanced Excel skills
- Graphic design experience
- Web design skills and knowledge of WordPress CMS a bonus
- Experience in nonprofit or private sector administration
- Ability to work, infrequently, on weekends and evenings for special events and committees
- High standards of excellence and exceptional attention to detail
- Proven analytic abilities and organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently, with minimum supervision and as a member of a team
- Motivated self-starter with ability to establish and meet goals
- Maintain strict confidentiality and integrity
- Desire to be part of a collaborative, dedicated team
- Must own a reliable vehicle and maintain current automobile insurance and a valid driver’s license
- Bachelor Degree preferred
YOU WILL SUPERVISE: Event volunteers.
PUBLIC CONTACT: Significant public contact, both in person and on the phone. Person will represent the agency to sponsors, donors, other programs and organizations.
AMOUNT OF TRAVEL: Local travel and occasional travel outside of county. You must have transportation and insurance.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: General office setting (2-story office w/stairs, no elevator) and frequent off-site locations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF JOB: Must be able to sit at a desk, often for extended periods of time. Must be able to do phone work for blocks of time. Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing, in English. Must be able to lift and move supplies, up to 25 pounds.
SAFETY REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to perform the physical demands of the job. Basic office and equipment safety knowledge and practice. Must follow legal and safe driving procedures while driving during work.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS: Face to Face offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
To Apply for this position, please fill out the below information and upload your cover letter and resume