Although our offices in downtown Santa Rosa are temporarily closed due to COVID-19, our dedicated Face to Face staff continues to work from home and from mobile sites to safely provide the services that the community needs.
Since the Shelter In Place order began in mid-March the Face to Face team has:
- Placed 8 homeless clients in hotels
- Provided clients with approximately $2,000 in food gift certificates
- Distributed over 85,000 syringes and safely retrieved 75% back of used syringes
- Provided 250 Naloxone Overdose Prevention kits
- Prevented 6 known overdoses
- Continued benefit counseling to clients
- Applied for Grants and Government support
- Held informational Zoom Meeting with elected officials, health professionals and community members
- Developed strategies for re-opening of office, providing PPE and following social distancing guidelines to provide all services and support
The work continues….regardless of the time of year or the state of the economy, the needs of our clients continue. And we need our community, our volunteers, supporters and donors. Each play a vital role in our organization being able to continue the mission of “ending HIV in Sonoma County while supporting the health and well-being of people living with HIV/AIDS.