FACE to FACE
Work at Face to Face and help us end HIV in Sonoma County
Are you interested in working to end HIV in Sonoma County, and making a difference for people who are living with HIV/ AIDS? Do you want to work with a remarkable team of talented people who are changing the world for the better? Face to Face might be the right place for you. Below is a list of current available positions:
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: We are looking for a strong Accountant who is detail-oriented and highly motivated to join our team. Under the direct supervision of the Executive Director, the accountant will handle the financial administration of funding grants, which includes compiling and auditing transactions, analyzing, and reporting complex financial information. This position is also responsible for monthly processes, including preparation of journal entries, reconciliation of balance sheet accounts, and assisting with organizational financial reports and analysis. This is a 32 hour per week, benefitted position and works both in office and remotely.
• Responsible for developing and administering accounting systems and operational accounting in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) utilizing QuickBooks.
• Prepare all financial, project/program and grants accounting.
• Prepare timely financial reports and communicate detailed financial analysis to Executive Director and Board of Directors.
• Project and monitor monthly cash flow.
• Manage payroll, accounts receivable and accounts payable cycles. Maintain general ledger chart of accounts and perform analytical review and reconciliation of balance sheet accounts.
• Maintain personnel files and process hires/terminations, including assigning benefits and retirement plans.
• Manage external audits, including preparation of supporting documentation for annual year-end financial audit. Assist with funding source audits, worker’s compensation audits, and IRS audits.
• Work with the Executive Director in the preparation of the annual operating and capital budgets, and monitor budget compliance and variances.
• Recommend short and long-range plans which address profitability and cost savings opportunities, and monitor the effectiveness of action plans.
• Participate in and support key business initiatives and ad-hoc projects as needed.
• Maintain agency insurance policies including general liability, worker’s compensation and employee health insurance.
• Develop and maintain accounting policies and procedures that ensure internal controls and compliance.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance highly desired and/or 5 years’ experience in an accounting position.
• Solid knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and accrual accounting.
• Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with budgeting and financial reporting.
• Ability to handle complex operational and financial transactions.
• Ability to work independently, and able to appropriately and effectively prioritize a wide range of responsibilities with given deadlines.
• High integrity and strong work ethic.
• Excellent written and verbal skills and knowledge of computer-based spreadsheets, databases and QuickBooks.
• Must possess good communication skills with the ability to foster positive teamwork.
• Nonprofit experience highly desirable.
• Knowledge and experience with governmental accounting and contracting practices.
• General knowledge of HUD compliance rules and monthly reporting practices.
• Ability to work with outside auditors from varies sources of government funding and annual audit of our financial records.
CONFIDENTIAL DATA: Extensive, must be able to maintain confidential information.
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with experience. Health and dental benefits provided. 403b plan available.
Please send your resume to Sara Brewer, Executive Director at email@example.com.
Face to Face
873 Second Street
Santa Rosa, CA 95404
9 AM - 4:30 PM
Rapid HIV Testing
Tuesday to Friday
9:00 A.M. to 4:30 PM
First Wednesday of Each Month
First Thursday of Each Month