FACE to FACE
Work at Face to Face and help us end HIV in Sonoma County
Are you interested in working to end HIV in Sonoma County, and making a difference for people who are living with HIV/ AIDS? Do you want to work with a remarkable team of talented people who are changing the world for the better? Face to Face might be the right place for you. Below is a list of current available positions:
OFFICE MANAGER/PREP NAVIGATOR
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: We are looking for a strong Office Manager/PrEP Navigator who is detail-oriented and highly motivated to join our team. Under the direct supervision of the Executive Director, the Office Manager/Navigator will provide in-office support liaising with our offsite accounting firm, payroll and human resources services, PrEP services and provide general office management and administrative support for the Executive Director. The position is full-time (32 hours per week). While occasional remote work is possible, we expect the majority of time to be in-office.
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
ABOUT OUR ORGANIZATION: Face to Face is a community-based organization located in Santa Rosa, founded in 1983 as a community response to the AIDS crisis. The agency has adapted to the many changes brought by the disease and the communities affected by it, developing innovative and effective programs to best serve our clients and the public at large, often replicated elsewhere. Our mission is ending HIV in Sonoma County, while supporting the health and well-being of people living with HIV/AIDS. We advance our mission with programs and services in three areas: Prevention, Testing, and Care Services. The continued success of Face to Face is dependent upon the trust of its community and clients, and the dedication to preserving that trust.
- Serves as principal liaison with our accounting service, providing information to them and supporting their processes in a timely manner, including responding to their inquiries or issues and ensuring directors are kept current.
- Processes payroll through our third-party payroll service, including reviews and audits timesheets; Responds to employee inquiries related to timecard issues.
- Works closely with Development team to process all incoming donations; ensuring proper coding of all monies coming into organization.
- Assist the accounting service with preparation for external audits, including preparation of supporting documentation for annual year-end financial audit and tax preparation. Assist with funding source audits, worker’s compensation audits, and IRS audits.
Human Resources Support
- Serves as principal liaison with our offsite human resources and payroll company. Track legal/HR compliance documents (contracts, insurance, licenses, mandatory training, onboarding, benefits management).
- Processes new hire paperwork and orientation as well as terminations.
- Assists employees with day-to-day questions and directs employee inquiries to appropriate resources.
Navigator and Administrative Support
- Identify clients who may be ready for PrEP, including those who have been lost to care, recently diagnosed with an STI, recently seroconverted partner, who may have had a recent exposure to HIV (PEP) or who needs a new provider, and assist them to maintain and adhere to their PrEP protocol or access to PrEP. Follows up with PEP clients to transition to PrEP if that is their choice. Identifies barriers that prevent clients from engaging in their health care and finding solutions that work.
- PrEP Services Support: Prepares the client thoroughly by providing educational support to clients to enhance their knowledge and understanding of medication protocols, side effects and adherence to help them achieve a better medical outcome. Advocates for patient to oversee the process of intake through to completion with the delivery of medication in hand, including through our Telehealth program. Serves as mentor and advocate or liaison regarding interaction with medical providers, helping patients prepare for visits and then debriefing what happened, depending on patient need. Ensures the client is registered with the appropriate assistance program whether they are insured or uninsured. Enroll qualified persons in the PrEP-AP program.
- Monitors office supplies and orders as needed.
- Assist with administrative functions of the company. Manage basic office operations including communications (mail & phone), document management, and addressing building issues (maintenance, cleaning, etc.).
- Assist in organization of and attends events and meetings as requested.
- Provide project management and/or coordination for work led by the Executive Director.
- Provide front desk support as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, or 3+ years relevant experience, ideally with a business management or accounting focus.
- 1+ years bookkeeping and/or accounts payable experience, including reconciliation.
- Minimum of 1-year experience with QuickBooks Online.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to foster positive teamwork in English required; Spanish highly desired.
- Minimum of 2 years in a professional office environment, with a demonstrated capacity for self-organization, multitasking, and maintaining confidentiality. Experience in the medical reception or other related fields a plus.
- Highly organized and able to adapt to changing priorities and responsibilities.
- Ability to handle complex operational and financial transactions.
- Ability to work with outside auditors from various sources of government funding and annual audit of our financial records.
- Ability to work independently, and able to appropriately and effectively prioritize a wide range of responsibilities with given deadlines.
- High integrity and strong work ethic.
- Enjoys an environment of independence requiring minimal direction from senior management.
- Thrives in an atmosphere of competing priorities and occasional client interaction.
- Vaccinated and boosted against COVID-19.
- Nonprofit experience highly desirable
- Strong customer service experience.
- Healthcare background desirable.
- Solid knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and accrual accounting.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with budgeting and financial reporting.
- Knowledge and experience with governmental accounting and contracting practices.
- General knowledge of HUD compliance rules and monthly reporting practices.
- We’re seeking someone who would like to stay with us for at least the next five years. Ideally, you’ll retire along with the rest of us.
CONFIDENTIAL DATA: Extensive, must be able to maintain confidential information.
Work Environment: In-office and remote. We are committed to employee and client safety and limit the number of people in-office at one time. When in-office, social distancing is observed in and PPE is available. Face to Face works to prevent the spread of HIV in many ways, including sex positive and harm reduction programming. Frank sex talk and images, as appropriate, are part of our work and work environment. Applicants should be comfortable in such an environment. We serve a diverse community, and we expect all staff to behave in a non-judgmental way with those demonstrating different viewpoints, lifestyles, socio-economic, or ethnic status from one’s own.
Please send your resume to Sara Brewer, Executive Director at email@example.com.
Face to Face
873 Second Street
Santa Rosa, CA 95404
9 AM - 4:30 PM
Rapid HIV Testing
Tuesday to Friday
9:00 A.M. to 4:00 PM