People with HIV who are virally supressed (undetectable) are 96% less likely to pass HIV to anyone else.
In a recent study of 150,000 couples where one person is HIV+ and virally supressed, and the other person is HIV-, there were ZERO new infections.
- 25 percent of HIV+ people in the US are virally supressed
- In Sonoma Couty, it is MORE THAN 80 PERCENT
- We are way ahead of the game!
HIV Negative? Great! Stay that way.
- Get tested regularly. Face to Face offers free, anonymous, rapid oral testing with results in 20 minutes
- Keep up the condom use
- Check out PrEP (Pre-exposure Prophylaxis). When taken daily, PrEP is up to 99 percent effective in preventing HIV infection.
13 percent of people living with HIV do not know they have it, and are responsible for most new infections.
- Finding those who do not know they have HIV
- Get them into lifesaving care, and virally supressed
- Educate everyone about the risks of getting HIV
- Promote regular testing and risk reduction
- Talk about HIV. Reduce fear and stigma
- Ask how you can help